NOT IN THAT WAY(2)

11/10/2017 05:21:00 am 0 Comments A+ a-

'Belle?... Dami?’ I heard Josh's call. I turned to face him. From the expression on his face, it appeared he had been speaking to me for a long time and only met with silence. 'Is there a problem?'
'Oh no, Josh. I'm fine. Very all right,' I assured him. Oh Josh, you care too much, I thought to myself.
'You seemed faraway, lost in the island of your thoughts. I had to rescue you,' he teased. 'Josh to the rescue!' he added, faking a hero's accent. We both laughed heartily before he continued, 'Or would you let me in, you know, on this island of your precious thoughts?'
'Silly you. Get your eyes back on the road, dude. You don't want to get us killed,' I replied, amidst chuckles.
'Aye, my Lady,' he said, laughing.
He returned his eyes to driving, and I stared at him. I couldn't believe my luck. Josh was everything I wanted in a man. From his glowing black skin to his penetrating eyes. What about his build? It was just the way I liked it.

I really had been deep in thought, reminiscing on the day I met him. 6 months ago. It was during one of the symposia I attended. He was there, seated in a gentlemanly fashion and easily smiled whenever a speaker said something interesting.
'This last speaker was everything amazing. She's the best so far,' he said, looking at me who was seated next to him. He had that smile on his face, and I couldn't help but admire his perfect dentition. His black skin made his already white teeth even whiter.
'I couldn't agree less,' I replied.

'So here we are,' Josh said, pulling up on one side of the road.
'Thanks Josh. I had a good day,' I said, hugging him. The hug lasted a little too long, was a little too clingy. But that was because I was a little too happy.
'I cherish you dear,' he said as I unlocked myself from his arms. He seemed to have suddenly remembered something when he added, 'I'd be having a pleasant surprise for you next time we meet.' Another surprise? The shopping spree of today was already enough surprise. What else could he have up his sleeve? I silently  pondered on his words as we bade each other goodbye and I alighted from his Chevrolet Impala.