FIGMENT #001

7/06/2017 07:54:00 am 0 Comments A+ a-

I see it walking swiftly across the room with the characteristic lopsided gait. Disgusted, I hiss and curse but I do not go after it. Suddenly it changes its direction, three of its feet balanced on the ground and the other briefly suspended in the air. It moves towards me, fearless and dauntless courage written all over it. I remind myself that I'm human and what is staring me in the face is a mere, worthless... rat.
'One, two... three, four, five... six, ten,' I count to myself with my eyes tightly shut. I open them and find it still there, staring. So I let my eyes wander in search for the nearest object of destruction. I bend down to pick up the iron rod lying a few inches from me. I raise myself up, clutching tightly on the rod suspended in the air, ready to hit this 'spy' hard. But... it's not there. I can't find it. The thought that I'd have to live in this house with that mysterious vermin hiding away somewhere gives me goose bumps.

PS: While my piece about Googoo, the slain pet chicken, is a true story, this is not. It is entirely fictitious. Thanks for reading my ratty story.😂😍