SCARS WITHIN

1/29/2017 04:57:00 pm 1 Comments A+ a-

I am a pretty face with eyes that glisten and sweep many a gentleman off his feet. My smile is worth a billion-dollar. My voice, its elfin timbre sends people yearning to hear yet again and drink from its melody. I am the life of every party, the soul of every gathering. Indeed, I am the envy of all and sundry. They wish they had my life, my ethereal beauty, my charm and what not.

They do not see beyond the gorgeous smile and the stunning looks and the comely carriage and the resounding laughter. They do not know that I am a dying soul, a heart in search of therapeutic cure, a woman in want of an escape from the emotional throes buried deep down in my bowels... carefully concealed from the watching and waiting eyes. They do not capture all that is underneath the veneer skillfully put up. Beyond all that is without are scars within, hideous scars that I fear to let the world see.

Matt 11:28- 'Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.'
My dear fellas, Jesus. Is. Still. The. Answer.!

Written by Elect Osemwonyenmwen Alenkhe.
Art credits: Hezron Praise.
Hezron Praise is a smart and talented teenager. He experiments with diverse materials including charcoal and oil paint. He's one of the few people with whom I can actually enjoy an online conversation(WhatsApp!) because he's smart. It's been long I set eyes on this young chap though. But hey, I am a big fan of his work and I'm sure he won't stop sharing his artistic creations with me.
PS: The title, 'Scars Within' was Praise's suggestion.

1 comments:

Write comments
Ftouch
AUTHOR
5 April 2020 at 08:30 delete

Nice....
I like the way the words were put together to bring out a certain message

Reply
avatar