Beauty For Ashes(Chapter 2)

11/30/2015 12:27:00 pm 0 Comments A+ a-

AT SCHOOL (3 Days Later)
           ‘Why weren’t you in school yesterday?’ asked Lisa.
           ‘I was ill,’ I replied.
           ‘Sorry dear. Hope you are all right now,’ Lisa said softly.
           ‘Yes I am. Thank you,’ I recall saying.
‘I’m sure updating your notes would be a burden to you. I wouldn’t mind rendering some help.’
‘You don’t have to worry. I’m perfectly okay now.’
‘But I really want to help. And you don’t have to be scared cos I’ve got a really beautiful and legible handwriting,’ she said with an air of confidence that surprised me. Her clear eyes shone brightly and discretely from her beautiful ebony-dark skin. Her hands were already outstretched in readiness to receive my notebooks.
Obviously left with no choice, I handed over two of my notes to her after fetching them from my thick khaki bag with the words, ‘All right, if you insist. Thanks a lot, Lisa.’
‘The pleasure is mine, dear. Don’t hesitate to seek my help anytime you need it,’ Lisa said as I wondered how someone I barely knew could be this nice and friendly. I simply nodded my head.
She’s so sweet, I thought, watching as she copied my notes with such enthusiasm. I knew that at that point, I was bought over. Anyway, I reasoned I had nothing to lose since she was the perfect choice for a friend. She was beautiful, smart and had a charming personality.